Just Another Day



In this picture I was laying on the bathroom floor. I honestly didn’t know what was going to happen. I was in EXTREME - and I do mean extreme, like a cross between a gall bladder attack and labor - pain. I was on the potty* feeling like I had a giant fur ball stuck inside - feeling like I might have an explosive poop event, but also started throwing up into the trash can. Then my blood pressure tanked and I got too weak to sit on the toilet. So I collapsed on the ground and just waited for whatever was going to happen to happen. Eventually it passed enough that I was able to make it to the bed and cry, take some pain medicine and pray. 

It’s so hard because if anybody else felt what I did, they’d call 911 and everyone would do everything they could to make them feel better. But nobody even reacts anymore. 

I called my husband while it was happening - more than once - crying and begging him for help. There was nothing I was going to say that could have gotten him to leave work and come home. Which is great and where he needed to be and no he couldn’t have done anything to help except help with the kids, but when you can’t stand up and are in more pain than you know how to deal with sometimes you just want someone to be there to care, to be there in case anything really bad happens, to rub your forehead until you feel better. (How’s that for a run-on sentence?!)


*Yes, I have young kids. 🤣

Comments